Chef-driven. Finance Approved.
Simply snap a pic with our mobile app. Or, scan a batch and upload them all at once.
Multi-page? Out of order? Credits? Receipts? Yup. We’re good with it. Oh, and those digital invoices, just forward us an email. We’ll take those, too.
- Snap, Scan or EmailThree easy options for digitizing your invoices: 1. Snap a pic with our mobile app. 2. Scan a batch and upload. 3. Send an email to your designated inbox. No matter how you capture it, we'll carve it.
- Store, Search & RetrieveOnce your purchase invoices are digitized, the images, the ingredients, prices, and purchase history are all easily accessible - in just a few clicks. Our powerful search engine makes it easy to quickly find what you're looking for - no paperclips, no papercuts; no filing cabinets, no fuss.
- Drill, Download & ShareThe best part of ditching the paper and digitizing your invoices is that all of that data becomes drillable, downloadable and shareable. We make it easy to start with the high-level analytics, drill down to the line-item level, and then download and share with the people who need to know.
We aim to make the numbers side of the restaurant business less complicated. That’s why we automated it.
Scratch the paper. Ditch the spreadsheets. Bag the data entry. And, nix the clockwork of coding.
We “86” all that…and more.
- Automated GL CodingAll line-items from invoices processed in xtraCHEF can be allocated to the Chart of Accounts used in your accounting system. Map an item to a GL code once and xtraCHEF will automatically recognize and associate that item with the correct GL code going forward - correctly...every time.
- Invoice Approval WorkflowsNeed to see certain invoices before they're approved for payment? With xtraCHEF, only view and review the invoices that you want to see based on configurable criteria that you and your team set.
- System-generated Alerts & EmailsLet critical information come to you with xtraCHEF's configurable alerts and email notifications. Keep a close eye on price fluctuations for Close Watch items, manage the AP process from anywhere, and get weekly cost management email digests so you can be in the know without being in the store.
We take the accurately itemized payables data that we’ve captured with xtraCHEF and deliver it directly to your accounting and inventory management systems.
- AccountingWe are compatible with the most commonly used restaurant accounting systems to deliver invoice data directly to the accounting system in a file format that can be easily imported.
- Inventory ManagementWe make inventory management much less painful by mapping the items you purchase to the items in your inventory management system...eliminating a big step to knowing what's hitting the shelves.
- POS (Coming Soon)We are currently working to build integrations with a number of Point of Sale (POS) systems in order to automatically sync sales and purchase information between the two systems.
Dynamic, interactive dashboards provide unprecedented visibility into your food costs – making it easier than ever to track, compare, and control your costs…while protecting your bottom-line.
Cost management features such as Configurable Price Alerts, Cost Trend Reports, Declining Budgets and more provide the transparency, oversight, and intelligent decision-making to remain profitable.
- Dynamic, Interactive ReportsFood cost ratios high this month? Prices spiking? Was it a vendor error? No need to guess. Drill-down into the details of our dynamic reports and dashboards...down to the line-item of your invoices.
- Compare Costs Across...With xtraCHEF, you can compare costs across GLs, locations, vendors, similar items, and more.
- Keep Your Vendors HonestWith our Price Tracker and Close Watch items, you can monitor contracted prices or the prices of your most volatile items to make sure your getting the price you deserve.
- Declining Budget ManagementHaving a budget is an important tool in controlling operational costs and ensuring a profit. But having a budget and managing to a budget are like apples and oranges. With our Declining Budget module, you have real-time visibility into how your sales and food cost spend are impacting your budget.
Regardless of your role, you’re in control.
- "86" data entryWith xtraCHEF, you can keep your hands off the keybord and your head in the kitchen.
- Real-time VisibilitySee cost trend reports, price fluctuations, COGS, declining budgets...all in real-time.
- Minimize desk timeWith xtraCHEF, all of that time spent hunched over a desk with a stack of invoices to go through goes away leaving you with tons of extra time to better prioritize your time.
- Manage AP approval workflowsUsing business logic from your restaurant operations to route, review and approve/reject invoices in real-time from across all units, including the corporate office
- Reports & DashboardsWhether it's from your phone, tablet or desktop, you can evaluate in real time which locations are profitable, what the spending behavior is, and whether you need to take action.
- Compare Spend by LocationView comparable data across all of your locations or drill down to a single entity with our holistic views
- Weekly Cost Management Digest EmailsWeekly cost management digest emails provide a snapshot into where you're money is going week to week.
- Streamline Your OperationsNo more wasted time or precious resources picking up, thumbing through, and manually coding and keying invoice data. With xtraCHEF, you watch your business grow as you serve double the clients in half the time.
- Focus on Value-based ServicesxtraCHEF frees up your team to focus on delivering value instead of picking up paperwork.
- Suited to ScaleIf your firm is processing invoices by hand, then you're placing a limitation on how many clients you can reasonably serve without growing your team and infrastructure proportionally. xtraCHEF suits your firm to scale.
- Go Beyond QuickBooksIf your restaurant clients use QuickBooks, you can leverage use the power of xtraCHEF's reports and dashboards to go beyond QuickBooks reporting.
The new standard in restaurant cost management.
Don't hate it. Automate it.No one likes data entry or paper pushin'Code invoice line-items in our system once...and that's it. Configure rules to review only the invoices you want to see. Accurate data delivered to accounting & inventory.
Analyze costs. Visualize profits.Improved visibility boosts your bottom-lineReal-time visibility into food costs enable more informed purchase decisions, data-driven vendor negotiations & insight into how fluctuating prices impact the bottom line.
Connect the Kitchen & BookkeeperOn-demand access to invoice images & dataSecure, anywhere access and a powerful search engine make it easy to keep financial information flowing across the house, across locations or across the country.