Integration | Toast: Restaurant POS System
Learn about Toast, how Toast integrates with xtraCHEF, if Toast integrates with QuickBooks, and the benefits of a Toast and xtraCHEF integration.
What is Toast?
Toast is a cloud-based Point-of-Sale (POS) and management system that helps restaurants improve operations, increase sales, and create all-around better guest experiences.
Launched in 2013, Toast powers successful restaurants of all sizes with a tech platform that supports a diverse marketplace of third-party applications.
How does xtraCHEF integrate with Toast?
xtraCHEF is designed to automate data entry at restaurants, a time-consuming and error-prone task required of chefs, general managers, and/or restaurant accountants to monitor and manage payables and profits.
Our integration enables restaurants to automatically capture ingredient-level purchase data from invoices and compare it directly to sales and revenue data from Toast.
Daily sales data is synced from Toast’s POS system to fuel xtraCHEF insights, like real-time purchase and price trend analyses by category and across locations, making it easy to measure revenue and spend performance across all accounting periods.
Does Toast integrate with QuickBooks?
Toast does not automatically integrate with QuickBooks. However, xtraCHEF provides the missing piece! Sync, a free tool from xtraCHEF, automatically and accurately integrates sales data from Toast directly to QuickBooks Online.
No cost. No data entry. No stress. Save time and accounting-related expenses by Sync-ing your sales data! Learn more about Sync here.
“xtraCHEF’s seamless integration with Toast provides our teams with deeper, daily insights into our Cost-of-Goods-Sold (COGS). It allows us to keep our Coach Operators on the floor delighting our guests instead of entering data manually.” Grant Lieberman, Director of Technology at Dos Toros
How does xtraCHEF’s integration with Toast benefit users?
By automatically syncing daily sales data from Toast with purchase data stored in xtraCHEF, users can do more with less. Closely monitor food costs and COGS without time spent on data entry and complex, manual calculations thanks to the xtraCHEF/Toast integration.
Here are just a few of the ways users can easily monitor food costs using the xtraCHEF integration with Toast:
- Unleash the power of budgeting to hit your targets, forecast sales, and increase your cash flow
Food Cost Weekly Dashboard
- Drill down into weekly food cost ratios across categories from a percentage of sales, all the way down to purchase details and invoice images.
- View food cost ratios by category as a percentage of total sales across time and for each unit
Unit Comparison Dashboard
- Compare performance across locations based on COGS, Category Food Costs, and GL
Food Cost Ratio Report
- Track food costs in real time by category as a percentage of actual sales
Product Mix Management (PMIX Report)
- Shows the variance between anticipated margin on menu items versus the actual margin based on actual sales, discounts, etc.
- Map PLUs in Toast to recipes saved in xtraCHEF
- Please note the PMIX Report is only available for Toast users who are also signed up for xtraCHEF’s Recipe Management module.
Operating Summary Report
- Gives a daily snapshot of financial performance to monitor KPIs and make adjustments in real time
Ready to integrate?
Use data to drive informed decisions with less time and money spent.
Request a demo to learn more about how xtraCHEF integrates with Toast and what our insights can offer your business.
Setting the standard for cloud-based restaurant management software.
Don't hate it. Automate it.No one likes data entry or paper pushin'Code invoice line-items in our system once...and that's it. Configure rules to review only the invoices you want to see. Accurate data delivered to accounting & inventory.
Analyze costs. Visualize profits.Improved visibility boosts your bottom-lineReal-time visibility into food costs enable more informed purchase decisions, data-driven vendor negotiations & insight into how fluctuating prices impact the bottom line.
Connect the Kitchen & BookkeeperOn-demand access to invoice images & dataSecure, anywhere access and a powerful search engine make it easy to keep financial information flowing across the house, across locations or across the country.